At DeWitt Library, our mission statement asserts that we are "innovative partners with faculty." As partners who support research efforts and celebrate accomplishments, we created both a permanent Faculty Collection and a dedicated display of recent scholarship to showcase the academic discovery of Northwestern professors.
Recognizing the importance and value of scholarly and creative work by Northwestern College faculty, the staff at DeWitt Library endeavors to collect books, articles, and other works published and edited by faculty. The Faculty Writings collection includes theses and dissertations as well as faculty tenure papers. While Northwestern faculty publications date back to the 19th century, Faculty Writings focuses on works published since 1961, the year marking the first commencement celebrated by the college as a four-year institution.
Whenever possible, staff members add both previously and recently published items to the collection. Items are located on the first floor of DeWitt Library, and all materials are available for check out.
Search the Faculty Collection
To view the entire collection, enter an asterisk (*) in the search field, then click the search button.
We like to acknowledge and celebrate the ongoing scholarship conducted by our faculty. Recent publications are on display on the first floor of the building. Furthermore, we are working on creating an institutional repository to host and preserve faculty scholarship as well as archival collections.
NOTE: Because of publisher restrictions, some items are only available to members of the Northwestern community.
- Hubbard, Robert. Grace Notes: Stories of Surprise, Regret and Renewal. CreateSpace, 2017.
- Kaltwasser, Cambria. "'Transforming Encounters:' The Friendship of Karl Barth and John Mackay" in Karl Barth and the Making of Evangelical Theology: A Fifty Year Perspective. William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 2015.
- Kugler, Michael. "The Faun Beneath the Lamppost: When Christian Scholars Talk About the Enlightenment." Christian Scholar's Review, vol. 46, no. 4, 2017.
- Lief, Jason. Christianity and Heavy Metal as Impure Sacred Within the Secular West: Transgressing the Sacred. Lexington Books, 2017.
- Martin, Samuel. "Fighting Fish." Image: Art, Faith, Mystery, no. 90, Fall 2016.
- Nyhof, Melanie. "Is God Just a Big Person? Children's Conceptions of God Across Cultures and Religious Traditions." British Journal of Developmental Psychology, vol. 35, no. 1, 2017.
- Five Northwestern professors recently contributed to the Dictionary of Christianity and Science, Zondervan, 2017.